Welding and Fabrication
Welding and fabrication are key fundamental functions of engineering and Evans Engineering is skilled in doing just that.
While we can do welding and fabrication from different metals including steel, aluminium and stainless steel, it’s the aluminium which can present the biggest challenge.
Welding Aluminium provides some distinct challenges compared to welding steel or various other usual products, especially in regards to the chemistry and crack level of sensitivity.
In a lot of cases, welding Aluminium needs complying with some unique procedures.
Important Steps When Welding Aluminium
- picking the best filler metal
- correct storage space and comprehensive cleansing of the base product
- appropriate welding techniques.
Aluminium alloys supply more of a difficulty to welders than steel alloys. Aluminium has a lower melting point and higher conductivity than steel, which can lead to burnthroughs, especially in thinner Aluminium sheets.
Aluminium feeder cable is softer than its steel counterpart and also can tangle in the feeder. Picking a welding approach for Aluminium relies on the needs of the specific application and the abilities of the welder that will be executing the construction.
Tungsten inert gas (TIG) welding is the main method utilized to weld aluminium.
Since the Aluminium job item requires a great deal of heat to stand up to temperature level, but can hold that warm for a long period of time.
A welding machine with current control is useful for maintaining the Aluminium object from overheating, triggering a burnthrough.
TIG welding can be put on both thin Aluminium sheet and thicker Aluminium plate.
Since TIG welding needs a separate filler pole, the welder needs to select a welding rod with an alloy as near to that of the work pieces as possible
Whatever you’re working with we are well versed in the correct process for that material.
- We have many specialised machines which enables us to handle complete projects big or small
- We can advise and develop production methods to turn your ideas into reality
- We’ve got a “can do” attitude and like to give more than the customer expects
- We’ve got a reputation for quality workmanship. Our clients give us repeat business as well as referrals.
- CNC milling and turning
- CAD design
- Welding and fabrication (steel, aluminium, stainless steel)
- General machining
- Maintenance work.
- Personal Attention
- Prompt Turnaround
- Skilled workers.